Byrecirculating combustion gases within the unique 3-pass cast iron heat exchanger' the New Yorker CI-HGS is designed to extract every BTU possible from the combustion process. The cast iron sections are produced by Burnham Foundry' LLC in Zanesville' Ohio and are the primary reason why the CI-HGS is able to attain an ENERGY STAR certified 86% AFUE.
- Durable The cast iron sections in the CI-HGS are joined with steel nipples.These connectors resist petroleum-based chemicals such as anti-freeze which can deteriorate rubber seals used by some competitors. What this means to youis increased longevity of your boiler’s life.
- Reliable New Yorker uses only name-brand controls and components' assuring that the CI-HGS will provide years of comfortable' reliable heating. The heat exchanger construction also meets the requirements of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code which ensures the quality and safety of the boiler.
- Swing-away Door for easy access to the combustion chamber and flueways.
- Honeywell L7248 electronic high-limit aquastat and provisions for optional plug-in accessories
- Rear flueway cleanout plates With ample flueway clearance' and the ease of access achieved through the swing-away door' a thorough and complete cleaning of the flueways is very easy to attain.
- Deluxe Insulated Jacket increases efficiency by reducing stand-by heat losses.